When moving or traveling to Mainland China, one of the biggest challenges that most people face is the popular sites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter are inaccessible. For some people though, the hardest part is giving up access to Netflix and the ability to stream movies and TV shows instantly. Netflix is the world’s leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies with over 100 million subscribers worldwide. It supports different operating systems including Windows, iOS, Mac OS X and Android. But unfortunately, people can’t watch Netflix directly in China for the reason that Netflix has not opened its service to China yet. This may because regulatory environment for foreign digital content services in China has become challenging. Also China’s streaming sites are really strong. Chinese streaming sites like iQIYI and YouKu are largely free and ad-supported, even for big-name shows and films. To unlock Netflix in China, a VPN service is your best bet.
Why Mac User Should Be Using a VPN?
Although Mac OS X is generally considered as an incredibly secure operating system, there are still a number of reasons for Mac users to use VPN services.
- Allow Access to Restricted Websites & Unblock Streaming Content Not Available in Your Country: If you are the person who enjoy watching catch-up TV or subscribe to streaming services, you may have found that steaming content can be limited depending on your location. For example, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and other streaming media providers cannot broadcast all content outside of the USA. However, by using a VPN service, all of your Internet traffic will appear to originate from the IP address of the VPN server rather than your own. In that way, you can manipulate your machine’s IP address to be from anywhere you want to avoid the Country’s Web Censorship and bypass the content surveillance to access any restricted websites easily.
- Download and Upload P2P Files in Privacy: In order to download files via P2P software like uTorrent, your IP address has to be added to a torrent swarm. All the users who are sharing the file you are downloading will have their IP address added to that swarm as well. But, a VPN can be a P2P user’s best friend. While a VPN connection will slow your bandwidth by 25%-50%, it will encrypt your file downloads, uploads, and actual IP address so that you will be unidentifiable by authorities. If you are a file sharer and do not wish to risk copyright prosecution or civil lawsuits, definitely consider using a VPN to protect your online activities.
Use a Mac VPN to Unblock Netflix in China
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) for Mac is arguably the most useful Mac app you can have on your computer. You’ll be able to hide your location online and access blocked content with the help of the best VPNs for Mac. Also a VPN is a great tool to help you keep prying eyes at bay, giving an element of anonymity whilst browsing the web. By using a Mac VPN, it’s possible to make your location to be anywhere of the world, including Canada, the UK, and other countries. Therefore you will not only be able to access US Netflix, but also can enjoy various selections that other countries offered on Netflix. For those who are really interested in streaming content while living or traveling in China, a VPN is a must-have.
The Best Mac VPNs for Netflix
ExpressVPN: As video streaming services like Netflix have gotten more popular, some internet service providers (ISPs) have started inspecting data packets and intentionally restricting customer’s bandwidth if they see Netflix traffic. But using ExpressVPN can solve this problem. ExpressVPN is an awesome Mac OS X VPN that has everything you need. It has more than 1,000 servers available in 95 countries. While using ExpressVPN, it hides your traffic in an encrypted tunnel so that ISPs can’t read your traffic. ExpressVPN works good with Netflix that allows you to virtually reside in the country of your choice to access additional TV shows and movies.
Use ExpressVPN to empower any Macintosh you own. The following Mac devices and Mac OS are fully supported:
How to Set Up ExpressVPN on Mac OS X?
Click the red “Get ExpressVPN” button to pick up ExpressVPN service plan. Just keep in mind that, all available ExpressVPN plans come with 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Pick up an ExpressVPN subscription on the order page
- Once sign up, download and install the ExpressVPN app for Mac
- Connect to any one of over 148 server locations
- Use the internet the way you want to use it!
PureVPN: PureVPN allows its users to watch U.S Netflix with PureVPN’s Chrome & Firefox Extension from anywhere in the world. It guarantees the fastest VPN speed and highest level of security worldwide by providing with 750+ servers in 140+ countries. With the world’s fastest VPN servers, you can enjoy complete web freedom with the industry leading encrypted e-privacy and e-security.
How to Get a PureVPN Software on Your Mac?
- Click on PureVPN’s official website at https://www.purevpn.com/ and sign up for a PureVPN account.
- Download and install PureVPN for Mac, or any other platform.
- Every subscription plan includes PureVPN’s browser extension.
- Connect to any one of our numerous servers through the app.
- Browse the internet freely with enhanced online security and anonymity.
VyprVPN: VyprVPN is a superb Netflix VPN. It boasts strong encryption and has all the best VPN security features for privacy. VyprVPN is on a mission to provide internet freedom and privacy for everyone, everywhere. Today they have more than 700 available around the world. In the US, they have servers available in Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC. All of the US servers can work with Netflix.
- Experience the World’s most powerful VPN – VyprVPN at https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn
- Hit “Start a free trial” button and then choose a VyprVPN package that works for you the best way.
- VyprVPN offers a 3-day free trial for both plans. You can cancel the plan anytime and take no risk to use its service.
- Download VyprVPN for Mac.
Achieve a Private, Secure and Open Internet with VyprVPN now!
NordVPN: NordVPN is a good choice for Netflix fans. This Panama-based VPN is easy to set up and use. It offers more than 1,000 VPN servers across the world. NordVPN lets you watch U.S. Netflix from anywhere in the world and it also have no-log policy what is priceless advantage for torrenting and in many other cases.
Get NordVPN for Your Mac:
2. Download the app
NordVPN native app for MacOS is intuitive and user-friendly from the start. You will easily set it up in no time.