Hey guys. I used to stay both sides between China and America. I am wondering if it is possible to access Dropbox in China. It’s really difficult for me to open my files in Dropbox when I am in China. So I am looking for a way to use Dropbox in China on my Mac. I do not want any Dropbox alternative. Any idea please?
Dropbox Can’t Be Used in China
Dropbox is an application that creates a special Finder folder that automatically syncs online and between your computers. It allows you to both backup files and keep them up-to-date between systems. This is an excellent service that makes keeping data in sync on your Mac with any devices to be easy. Many of us have come across a time where we needed to send a file to someone only to find it rejected by an email server due to file size. But with Dropbox, all you need is just create a share link and email the link, and the person on the receiving side doesn’t even need a Dropbox account in order to download it. Dropbox supports sync with Android, iOS, other Mac computers, MTP and mounted devices. Although Dropbox isn’t the only cloud-based storage and syncing service for the Mac, it’s currently one of the most popular.
However, Dropbox has been blocked by “Great FireWall” (a.k.a GFW) of Chinese government for a long time. That means you will not be able to access Dropbox service when you are living or traveling in China. The decision to block Dropbox may come down to competition. China has spent hundreds of millions of money on creating a public cloud-computing infrastructure in its main cities, so the Chinese government may want the citizens to use local storage service instead so as to promote the economy. Whatever the reason is, blocking Dropbox service is really bad enough.
Access Dropbox on Mac in China With A VPN
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) for Mac is arguably the most useful Mac app you can have on your computer. You’ll be able to hide your location online and access blocked content with the help of the best VPNs for Mac. A VPN is also a great tool to help you keep prying eyes at bay, giving an element of anonymity whilst browsing the web. By using a Mac VPN, it’s possible to make your location to be anywhere of the world, including US, Canada, Australia, UK, and other countries. Therefore you will be able to bypass the web blocking in China and access Dropbox without any problems. For those who are looking to use Dropbox to share photos, docs, videos, and other files while living or traveling in China, a VPN is a must-have.
Why Mac User Should Be Using a VPN?
Although Mac OS X is generally considered as an incredibly secure operating system, there are still a number of reasons for Mac users to use VPN services.
- Allow Access to Restricted Websites & Unblock Streaming Content Not Available in Your Country: If you are the person who enjoy watching catch-up TV or subscribe to streaming services, you may have found that steaming content can be limited depending on your location. For example, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and other streaming media providers cannot broadcast all content outside of the USA. However, by using a VPN service, all of your Internet traffic will appear to originate from the IP address of the VPN server rather than your own. In that way, you can manipulate your machine’s IP address to be from anywhere you want to avoid the Country’s Web Censorship and bypass the content surveillance to access any restricted websites easily.
- Download and Upload P2P Files in Privacy: In order to download files via P2P software like uTorrent, your IP address has to be added to a torrent swarm. All the users who are sharing the file you are downloading will have their IP address added to that swarm as well. But, a VPN can be a P2P user’s best friend. While a VPN connection will slow your bandwidth by 25%-50%, it will encrypt your file downloads, uploads, and actual IP address so that you will be unidentifiable by authorities. If you are a file sharer and do not wish to risk copyright prosecution or civil lawsuits, definitely consider using a VPN to protect your online activities.
The Best Mac VPNs Help You Access Dropbox in China
Ready to Rock?
Use ExpressVPN to empower any Macintosh you own. The following Mac devices and Mac OS are fully supported:
How to Set Up ExpressVPN on Mac OS X?
Click the red “Get ExpressVPN” button to pick up ExpressVPN service plan. Just keep in mind that, all available ExpressVPN plans come with 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Pick up an ExpressVPN subscription on the order page
- Once sign up, download and install the ExpressVPN app for Mac
- Connect to any one of over 148 server locations
- Use the internet the way you want to use it!
PureVPN guarantees the fastest VPN speed and highest level of security worldwide by providing you with 750+ servers in 140+ countries. With the world’s fastest VPN servers, you can enjoy complete web freedom with the industry leading encrypted e-privacy and e-security
How to Get a PureVPN Software on Your Mac?
- Click on PureVPN’s official website at https://www.purevpn.com/ and sign up for a PureVPN account.
- Download and install PureVPN for Mac, or any other platform.
- Every subscription plan includes PureVPN’s browser extension.
- Connect to any one of our numerous servers through the app.
- Browse the internet freely with enhanced online security and anonymity.
- Experience the World’s most powerful VPN – VyprVPN at https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn
- Hit “Start a free trial” button and then choose a VyprVPN package that works for you the best way.
- VyprVPN offers a 3-day free trial for both plans. You can cancel the plan anytime and take no risk to use its service.
- Download VyprVPN for Mac.
Achieve a Private, Secure and Open Internet with VyprVPN now!
Get NordVPN for Your Mac:
2. Download the app
NordVPN native app for MacOS is intuitive and user-friendly from the start. You will easily set it up in no time.