A virtual private network, commonly referred to as a VPN, is a type of connection you can use over the internet that helps to secure your identity as you surf the web. A good VPN helps people bypass censorship, secure public wifi and unblock geo-locked websites. However, it is not always easy to find a Mac-friendly VPN service. In this article, we’ll list the best VPNs in the market for Mac users. They work on any types of Macbook, Macbook Air, Macbook Retina, or Macbook Pro. Older versions of Mac OS and OS X should all be supported.
Why Mac User Should Be Using a VPN?
Although Mac OS X is generally considered as an incredibly secure operating system, there are still a number of reasons for Mac users to use VPN services.
- Allow Access to Restricted Websites & Unblock Streaming Content Not Available in Your Country: If you are the person who enjoy watching catch-up TV or subscribe to streaming services, you may have found that steaming content can be limited depending on your location. For example, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and other streaming media providers cannot broadcast all content outside of the USA. However, by using a VPN service, all of your Internet traffic will appear to originate from the IP address of the VPN server rather than your own. In that way, you can manipulate your machine’s IP address to be from anywhere you want to avoid the Country’s Web Censorship and bypass the content surveillance to access any restricted websites easily.
- Download and Upload P2P Files in Privacy: In order to download files via P2P software like uTorrent, your IP address has to be added to a torrent swarm. All the users who are sharing the file you are downloading will have their IP address added to that swarm as well. But, a VPN can be a P2P user’s best friend. While a VPN connection will slow your bandwidth by 25%-50%, it will encrypt your file downloads, uploads, and actual IP address so that you will be unidentifiable by authorities. If you are a file sharer and do not wish to risk copyright prosecution or civil lawsuits, definitely consider using a VPN to protect your online activities.
Using a VPN on Mac OS X can bring you lots of advantages when you travel or work on an untrusted network. It can help you get around ISP throttling and protect you from invasive tracking while you surf. In addition, a VPN helps enhance your security and protects your online data, making your information be away from hackers’ eyes. Mac users who are concerned about their online privacy should definitely get a VPN.
The Best VPNs for Mac OS X in 2018
Ready to Rock?
Use ExpressVPN to empower any Macintosh you own. The following Mac devices and Mac OS are fully supported:
How to Set Up ExpressVPN on Mac OS X?
Click the red “Get ExpressVPN” button to pick up ExpressVPN service plan. Just keep in mind that, all available ExpressVPN plans come with 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Pick up an ExpressVPN subscription on the order page
- Once sign up, download and install the ExpressVPN app for Mac
- Connect to any one of over 148 server locations
- Use the internet the way you want to use it!
PureVPN guarantees the fastest VPN speed and highest level of security worldwide by providing you with 750+ servers in 140+ countries. With the world’s fastest VPN servers, you can enjoy complete web freedom with the industry leading encrypted e-privacy and e-security
How to Get a PureVPN Software on Your Mac?
- Click on PureVPN’s official website at https://www.purevpn.com/ and sign up for a PureVPN account.
- Download and install PureVPN for Mac, or any other platform.
- Every subscription plan includes PureVPN’s browser extension.
- Connect to any one of our numerous servers through the app.
- Browse the internet freely with enhanced online security and anonymity.
- Experience the World’s most powerful VPN – VyprVPN at https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn
- Hit “Start a free trial” button and then choose a VyprVPN package that works for you the best way.
- VyprVPN offers a 3-day free trial for both plans. You can cancel the plan anytime and take no risk to use its service.
- Download VyprVPN for Mac.
Achieve a Private, Secure and Open Internet with VyprVPN now!
Get NordVPN for Your Mac:
2. Download the app
NordVPN native app for MacOS is intuitive and user-friendly from the start. You will easily set it up in no time.