As internet privacy has become a hot-button issue, people are looking for new ways to protect themselves, their devices, and their personal information from corporations, governments, and even their internet service provider. Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) for iPhone is one of the best ways that keeps your personal data secure and safe. A virtual private network, commonly referred to as a VPN, is a type of connection you can use over the internet that helps to secure your identity as you surf the web. Find out the best VPNs for iPhone for 2017-2018 and get the complete online browsing solution now.
What is a VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network, which is a special kind of network using a public internet connection to get connected to the private network. Surfing the web on a public WiFi can be dangerous because it opens your iPhone up to spying eyes. But if you connect your iPhone to a VPN, all your network traffic will pass through a protected tunnel, therefore nobody can see your traffic or trace your online activities. All your data will be encrypted and protected by the help of VPNs. A VPN also hides your location online, which allows you to access blocked contents and restricted sites such as US Netflix when you are in the UK. Here we will talk you through the best VPNs for iPhone 2017-2018.
How to Choose a Good VPN for iPhone?
A best VPN for iPhone should involve in two aspects. One is the ability to protect your privacy well and the other is it can really help you unblock restricted contents. Everyday, your iPhone needs to constantly connect to various websites, and those connections are always vulnerable to hacking, data theft, and other attacks. When you use Wi-Fi at the coffee shop, the airport, or the hotel you’re staying at while traveling cross-country, you have no idea whether or not the connection you’re using is secure. To protect your privacy and personal data, you need a virtual private network. There are hundreds of VPNs on the market but not every VPN works superbly on an iPhone.
First of all, you should look for a VPN provider that supports iOS. And then you need to check out how many servers do they have and their locations. If you’re looking to access US media sources like Netflix and YouTube without geo-blocking, then a VPN service with the majority of its nodes in Africa and Asia is of very little use to you. Also knowing how many concurrent connections are allowed is very important if you have more than one device. Choose a No-Logs VPN to make sure the VPN provider doesn’t record any of your data. Last but not the least, avoid FREE VPN services or you may be trapped in a scam.
Best VPNs For iPhone 2017-2018
Ready to Rock?
ExpressVPN is a lightning fast, log-free VPN proxy service. With just a few taps on your iPhone, you can browse the internet securely and anonymously.
How to Set Up ExpressVPN on iPhone?
Click the red “Get ExpressVPN” button to pick up ExpressVPN service plan. Just keep in mind that, all available ExpressVPN plans come with 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Pick up an ExpressVPN subscription on the order page
- Once sign up, download and install the ExpressVPN app for iOS on your iPhone
- Connect to any one of over 148 server locations
- Use the internet the way you want to use it!
PureVPN guarantees the fastest VPN speed and highest level of security worldwide by providing you with 750+ servers in 140+ countries. With the world’s fastest VPN servers, you can enjoy complete web freedom with the industry leading encrypted e-privacy and e-security
How to Get a PureVPN App on Your iPhone?
- Click on PureVPN’s official website at https://www.purevpn.com/ and sign up for a PureVPN account.
- Download and install PureVPN for iPhone, or any other platforms.
- Every subscription plan includes PureVPN’s browser extension.
- Connect to any one of our numerous servers through the app.
- Browse the internet freely with enhanced online security and anonymity.
- Experience the World’s most powerful VPN – VyprVPN at https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn
- Hit “Start a free trial” button and then choose a VyprVPN package that works for you the best way.
- VyprVPN offers a 3-day free trial for both plans. You can cancel the plan anytime and take no risk to use its service.
- Download VyprVPN for iPhone.
Achieve a Private, Secure and Open Internet with VyprVPN now!
Get NordVPN for Your iPhone:
2. Download the app
NordVPN native app for iOS is intuitive and user-friendly from the start. You will easily set it up in no time.
3. Start your protection
To get started with NordVPN, simply open the app, log in and tap on the map to choose your encrypted destination.
How to Manually Set Up a VPN Service on Your iPhone?
Actually the easiest way to set up VPN service on an iPhone is to download and install a VPN App on your iOS device. It only takes you a few seconds to get connected to a VPN network. Once you’ve selected and signed up with an iPhone VPN provider, check to see if your provider has an App in the App Store. If they do, download the app and it will configure the VPN settings on your iPhone for you. But if your iPhone VPN provider doesn’t have an App, you can manually set up the VPN service by yourself with your login information on-hand. Here’s the guide for you:
- Launch Settings from your Home screen -> Tap General -> Tap VPN -> Tap Add VPN Configuration
- Tap Type -> Select your VPN type from IKEv2, IPSec, or L2TP -> Enter the VPN settings information including description, server, and remote ID -> Enter your authentication login including your username (or certificate), and password -> If you use a proxy, enable it by tapping Manual or Auto, depending on your preferences -> Tap Done
- Under VPN Configurations, toggle the Status switch on. When you’re done using the VPN, go to Settings > VPN to turn it off.